CELTA gives you the opportunity to develop your teaching practice, knowledge and hands-on experience to build your confidence in the classroom and secure a better teaching position.
KEY FEATURES OF CELTA
- The most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world
- Provides hands-on teaching experience and observation of experienced teachers that help build your confidence in the classroom
- CELTA can give you the training you need to work and travel the world
- Gives you the essential skills and knowledge you need to teach English as a foreign language to adults and older teenagers
- It’s developed by Cambridge Assessment English, the world’s leading provider of teaching qualifications and courses and part of the University of Cambridge
WHO IS CELTA FOR?
- New teachers starting their career
- First-language English speakers and non-first-language speakers
- Experienced teachers who want to develop their skills
- Teachers who want to travel and teach English
- Blend of online and face-to-face study
- Covers the principles of effective teaching and gives you a range of teaching techniques and practical experience
- Teaching practice, feedback and observation of teaching are at the heart of the CELTA course, which is what makes it such a practical course. You’ll also receive tutorial support and help with planning lessons
- It’s flexible – it can be taken full time over 4–5 weeks or part time over a few months
- The minimum requirements to take CELTA are that you must have an English level of C1–C2 or above and are age 18 or over.
INTENSIVE COURSE ONLINE (full-time)
15/06/20 – 21/07/20 (6 weeks Mon-Tue-Thur-Fri) – SOFIA CODE 42354 SOLD OUT
31/08/20 – 01/10/20 (5 weeks Monday to Thursday) – SOFIA CODE 42355
05/10/20 – 05/11/20 (5 weeks Monday to Thursday) – SOFIA CODE 42356
INTENSIVE COURSE (full-time)
18/02/2021 – 23/03/2021 (5 weeks Mon-Tue-Thur-Fri)
EXTENSIVE COURSE ONLINE (once a week every Wednesday)
11/11/2020 – 14/04/2021 – SOFIA CODE 42608
THE CELTA QUALIFICATION HAS WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION
As CELTA is awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, it is:
- internationally recognised
- highly respected
- a benchmark for quality
- CELTA course is the most widely recognised and accepted TESOL certificate.
THE CELTA QUALIFICATION HELPS YOU GAIN THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU WILL NEED AS A TEACHER
New teachers – CELTA gives you the training you need to become an English language teacher. It is ideal if you are looking for a new career opportunity or wanting a short break in your existing career.
Existing teachers – if you are already working as a teacher and you want to:
- become a Cambridge certified teacher
- sharpen your teaching practice
- prove your ability
- get a promotion or a better teaching position
THE CELTA COURSE IS A PRACTICAL AND INTERACTIVE COURSE
The CELTA course is a practical course, based around controlled in-classroom teaching practice. Trainees are provided with the experience they need to design and run language lessons. Our tutors will help you prepare each class, observe every one of your lessons and give you both oral and written feedback after class. This allows you to experience teaching in a supportive environment and to learn through the feedback process.
THE CELTA QUALIFICATION HELPS YOU LAND NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- The CELTA will enable you to stand out and compete in a high-demand career field. This popular teaching qualification gives you the opportunity to live and work abroad and pursue a highly rewarding teaching career. To help you find that position, you will participate in resume and job interview workshops while on the course.
THE CELTA HAS THE LARGEST GLOBAL REACH
The popular teaching CELTA qualification is:
- accepted by organisations which employ English language teachers throughout the world
- widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by:
- English language schools
- the voluntary sector
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- other educational institutions.